This agreement constitutes a contract between the guest(s) and June Lake Accommodations, (JLA), acting as Agent for individual property owners. Please read this Vacation Rental Agreement thoroughly.
1. Reservation Requirements – Reservations are not considered “guaranteed” until a payment of 25- 100% of the total rental fee including tax and fees is received, these Terms and Conditions are accepted and agreed to within 5 days of making reservation and is approved by June Lake Accommodations. Reservation hold is 25% of total balance. Final balance is due 30 days before arrival. JLA will automatically charge credit card on file 30 days before arrival if no other arrangements are made. Guest will receive an automatic reminder email. If payment in full is not received by June Lake Accommodations 30 days or more prior to guest arrival, reservation may be subject to cancellation. Accepted forms of payment are Visa, MasterCard and Discover. All payments are due 30 days prior to arrival. June Lake Accommodations reserves the right to reject guest reservation for any reason.
2. Confirmation of reservation(s) Confirmation of the reservation will be emailed to Guest(s) upon receipt of the reservation advance payment. Guest(s) must electronically e-sign acceptance of Terms and Conditions within 5 days of making reservation to insure a valid reservation.
3. Cancellations – Payment and Cancellation: An advanced deposit of 25% is required at time of booking to guarantee reservations. Final payment is automatically taken 30 days prior to arrival. Cancellations at least 31 days prior to arrival are refundable less a $35 bookkeeping fee. No refunds for reservations cancelled 30 days or less.
4. Refund Policy – No refunds or rent reductions will be made due to failure of appliances, fireplaces, cable TV, internet services or equipment. No refunds for early departures (less days than reserved). No refunds will be given for delayed arrival or reducing the number of nights reserved. No refunds will be given for cancellations, family emergencies, inconveniences, air quality, weather conditions, disruption of utility services or dissatisfaction. No refunds for reservations cancelled 30 days or less.
5. Check-In/Check-Out Times – CHECK-IN TIME IS After 4:00 p.m. –A unique code will be issued to you prior to arrival. Code can be activated once unit is cleaned, checked and ready for occupancy. Entry is NOT available until the property is ready for occupancy. No exceptions to this policy will be made. You will be sent an email with details of arrival and departure. Please check your junk folders if you do not receive this message. In addition, you will be texted a message with the address and entry code on the day of your arrival. CHECK-OUT TIME IS before 10:00 a.m. – NO EXCEPTIONS! Check-out is strictly enforced so that Agent has adequate time to prepare the property for the next guest. Please enter code 23456 as you depart at end of your stay.
6. Age Requirements – Guest must be 21 years old to make any reservation. Those under 21 must be accompanied by an adult 21 or older.
7. Bookkeeping Change Fee – – All reservations that need date and/or property changes may be subject to a nonrefundable $35 bookkeeping fee per change. All changes must be made 30 days prior to your arrival date.
8. Maximum Occupancy – At all times, the maximum occupancy is the number the home sleeps and posted on interior and exterior notices at all properties. Occupancy is set by Mono County Ordinance with 2 people per bedroom plus 2 additional people and in no circumstances can a rental home exceed number designated for each property. There may be penalties or additional charges if there are more guests than maximum occupancy. Price per night includes entire unit. We usually do not count children under 8 as guests, however we do not provide extra linens, cribs, roll-away beds etc. Absolutely No House Parties Allowed! Maximum parking allowed is posted at each unit! No campers, motorhomes or RV’s are allowed to park on property. No offsite parking under any circumstances Make sure you park in designated parking spots to avoid being towed. This is important during winter months when snow removal occurs.
9. Furniture – Furniture, bedding, mattress pads, utensils, dishes or any other property must not be taken out or transferred from one property to another. Some items are subject to change without notice. Guest will be charged for any items removed from unit.
10. Items Provided – A basic supply of linens are provided in each property. Bed linen and bath towels are not changed during your stay. We will provide toilet paper 2 rolls per bathroom, 1 roll of paper towels, dishwashing pods, dish soap, new sponge, trash bags, and coffee filters are provided. Please bring your own coffee, sugar, condiments, and spices. All kitchens have limited cooking utensils, pots, and pans. If you use any cookware/utensils that are not basic, please provide them yourself. Shampoo, conditioner, lotion and soap/gel are also provided. JLA has switched from single-use to bulk-size amenities. Please don’t remove bottles from unit. If your property provides a barbecue, it’s only available for the months of April through October. To confirm all dishes, utensils pots and pans are cleaned to your satisfaction, guests must wash kitchen dishes, pots and pans, utensils, and devices prior to use. Prior to your departure please clean dishes, take the trash to the dumpster provided, and leave unit in nice, orderly condition.
11. Rental Assignment Change – Agent reserves the right to change Rental Assignments without prior notice or liability in the event of a sale of the rental property, or if the unit becomes unavailable for any reason. When comparable accommodations are not available, guest(s) will have the option of selecting from available properties or receiving a complete refund.
12. Pets – Only the Alderman units 2A and 2B and Four Seasons units 2, 4 and 5 are “Pet Friendly” and designated to allow dogs to stay on premises. If you bring your dog to those properties, there is a $25 per day plus tax, per dog fee, 2 dogs maximum. The pet fee is non-refundable. All other property owners expressly prohibit pets to be in their property. Pet Agreement: The Pet Policy is applicable to dogs only – cats or other pets are never allowed. Every Pet must be disclosed to June Lake Accommodations BEFORE your arrival. If you arrive with an unapproved pet, including a valid service dog, you are risking immediate eviction and loss of your rental payment. Pet Policy is set by each individual owner. Terms applicable to pet-friendly houses: Dogs must not be left alone in the house at any time. No dogs allowed on the furniture. All dog waste outside must be picked up and disposed of properly. A fee of $100.00 per hour will be charged to remove and dispose of pet waste remaining on premises after check-out. No wet dogs allowed in the house. All dogs must be treated with anti-flea medications. Dogs are not allowed to roam, and all leash laws must be observed. Guests agree to pay for all damage caused by pet. If housekeeping is required to remove fur from furniture or clean up after pet, it will be considered extra cleaning resulting in extra cleaning charges. If we discover you have dogs outside or inside the rental property that is not pet friendly, a $200 fee per day will be charged to the credit card on file. You would be in violation of this agreement per item 17 and required to vacate immediately.
13. Pest Control – Many different pests, rodents and insects live and thrive in this region. Should you experience an extreme pest issue, please contact guest services so an agent can attempt to resolve the problem as soon as possible, if possible.
14. Listings and Pricing – Information regarding individual listings is believed accurate but cannot be guaranteed. We have made every effort to ensure that all the information on Agent ‘s website(s) is current and accurate. Rates, furnishings, fees, and taxes are subject to change without notice.
15. Mediation – – The Parties agree to mediate any dispute or claim arising out of this Vacation Rental Agreement through a mediation provider or service in Mono County, California that is mutually agreed to by the Parties. Mediation fees, if any, shall be divided equally among the Parties involved. Any party (i) commences an action without first attempting to resolve the matter through mediation, or (ii) before commencement of an action, refuses to mediate after a request has been made then that Party shall not be entitled to recover attorney fees, even if they would otherwise be available to that Party in any such action. THIS MEDIATION PROVISION APPLIES WHETHER OR NOT THE ARBITRATION PROVISION IS INITIALED.
16. Arbitration of Disputes – The Parties agree that any dispute or claim arising between them out of this Vacation Rental Agreement, which is not settled through mediation, shall be decided by neutral, binding arbitration. The arbitrator shall be a retired judge or justice, or an attorney with at least 5 years of Hospitality law experience, unless the parties agree to a different arbitrator. The parties shall have the right to discovery in accordance with Code of Civil Procedures §1283.05. In all other respects, the arbitration shall be conducted in accordance with Title 9 of Part 3 of the Code of Civil Procedure. Judgment upon the award of the arbitrator(s) may be entered into any court having jurisdiction. Enforcement of this agreement to arbitrate shall be governed by the Federal Arbitration Act. “NOTICE – BY INITIALING IN THE SPACE BELOW YOU ARE AGREEING TO HAVE ANY DISPUTE ARISING OUT OF THE MATTERS INCLUDED IN THE “ARBITRATION OF DISPUTES” PROVISION DECIDED BY NEUTRAL ARBITRATION AS PROVIDED BY CALIFORNIA LAW AND YOU ARE GIVING UP ANY RIGHTS YOU MIGHT POSSESS TO HAVE THE DISPUTE LITIGATED IN A COURT OR JURY TRIAL. BY INITIALING IN THE SPACE BELOW YOU ARE GIVING UP YOUR JUDICIAL RIGHTS TO DISCOVERY AND APPEAL, UNLESS THOSE RIGHTS ARE SPECIFICALLY INCLUDED IN THE “ARBITRATION OF DISPUTES” PROVISION. IF YOU REFUSE TO SUBMIT TO ARBITRATION AFTER AGREEING TO THIS PROVISION, YOU MAY BE COMPELLED TO ARBITRATE UNDER THE AUTHORITY OF THE CALIFORNIA CODE OF CIVIL PROCEDURE.” “WE HAVE READ AND UNDERSTAND THE FOREGOING AND AGREE TO SUBMIT DISPUTES ARISING OUT OF THE MATTERS INCLUDED IN THE “ARBITRATION OF DISPUTES” PROVISION TO NEUTRAL ARBITRATION.
17. Violation of Agreement – If Guest(s) violates any of the conditions of this Agreement, Agent may terminate this Agreement and enter premises. Upon notice of termination of this Agreement, Guest(s) shall vacate the Premises immediately and forfeit all rents paid.
18. Damage Protection – The $39 damage waiver covers accidental, non-negligent damage up to $1,500. Guest MUST disclose anything broken or damaged during your stay prior to departure. Your Damage Protection Waiver is valid only if any damage done is reported prior to departure. Damage waiver coverage is void after departure. All units are checked promptly after each departure. Damage caused by pets is not covered by this Damage Waiver fee and is the responsibility of guest. Damage in excess of damage waiver covered is the responsibility of the guest. Guest agrees that damages amounting to more than $1,500 will be charged to the credit card on file.
19. Credit Card Agreement – I am providing my credit card number as a guarantee of payment. I agree to pay all rent and fees related to property rental. I accept liability for any and all damage charges and authorize JLA to charge my credit card.
20. Right of Entry – Agent, agent’s employees and contractors shall have the right to enter property to investigate disturbances, check damages, make repairs, alterations, and improvements as Agents deem necessary. Agents must be allowed entry to check any conditions related to health and safety, regardless of Covid or any other protocols.
21. Icy/Snowy Roads – Roads leading to many rental properties are mountainous and sometimes icy. JLA agents are not responsible for conditions of road, driveways, or any damages from conditions of roads and driveways. SOME DRIVEWAYS REQUIRE FOUR WHEEL DRIVE OR CHAINS. Guests should make every effort to use a vehicle that can tolerate these types of wintry driving conditions. NO REFUND OR CREDIT will be offered if guests are unable to arrive to premises as a result of inadequate vehicle or road conditions. During winter months, Guests must carry chains as required by local vehicle codes. Cal Trans and county workers typically plow the main highway first, then side roads. Each owner has a private snow removal company on contract and they will plow driveways per their contract with each homeowner or HOA. Guest may be required to shovel snow from stairs to unit and to gain access for vehicles during and after storm events.
22. Weather – We cannot control weather and it can change rapidly here in the High Sierra. Please pack accordingly. Summer months sometimes have cold weather, strong winds, rain and even snow. All our units have heating. Please turn down heat when away from unit and upon departure. None of our units have air conditioning.
23. Complaints – Any complaints to the Police department concerning the behavior of the guest, guest’s family, other occupants, or visitors while occupying the Rental Property shall, at the Agent’s sole option, result in immediate termination of the Rental Agreement and will be required to vacate rental unit immediately.
24. Smoking – Absolutely NO SMOKING of any type including vaping, e-cigs are ever permitted inside any units. We are in an area with year-round high fire danger, therefore all waste from smoking anywhere on the outside of the premises is to be disposed of in an appropriate way to minimize environmental impact.
25. Lost and Found – Make sure you have all your belongings. There is a $25 fee to go to the property and look/retrieve items. Guests will also be responsible for the cost incurred for shipping items.
26. Medical Devices – We understand some guests depend on the operation of personal medical devices. Please be aware utility service may be interrupted at any time, for many reasons. You must always be prepared, and are responsible for providing your own required back-up power.
27. Internet, Cable TV – Please keep in mind we are in a rural, mountain community. We’re sorry, but we cannot make any guarantees related to internet or cable TV service. Both Internet and cable providers services are out of our control. Providers can require a 3–5 week wait period for a service call. There will be no refunds or adjustments made for interrupted or failed internet and or cable TV. We cannot and do not guarantee Internet or Cable TV services. Consider providing your own hot spot if Internet is important to you during your stay.
28. Electricity Use – Electricity may not be used for charging Electric Vehicles or as a supplemental/charging power of RV’s. Doing so may create a potential fire hazard and will be considered a violation of this rental agreement.
29. Cameras – Please be aware that several of our property owners have installed exterior cameras for many reasons including security, monitoring number of guests entering the rental unit, and for proof of pets being brought into rental units that don’t allow pets.
30. Wall or baseboard heaters – Instructions on proper use are posted in units equipped with wall or baseboard heaters. Do not place furniture or any flammable materials with 30 inches of heaters.
31. Hazardous Materials – No flammable materials, lighter fluids, hazardous materials, or controlled substances may be brought into, or stored near any rental unit. Doing so is a violation of this rental agreement.
32. Wood Burning Fireplace – NEVER use lighter fluid to start a fire. Firewood is only provided during the winter month of October through April.
33. Trash Disposal – We are in BEAR country. Bears can be active year-round. Trash and refuse must be placed in provided containers. See notice in each unit. Replace provided security device after each use. Never leave food of any kind in your vehicle. Bears know how to gain access!!
34. Text Messaging – By providing your phone number, you agree to receive text messages from our company. Message and data rates may apply. Message frequency varies.
35. June Lake Accommodations reserves the right to refuse service to anybody or group for any reason.